Archiver for Skins.be wallpapers

daniel.bouman64

Since I love the wallpapers from skins.be but hate the archiving of the downloaded wallpapers into the proper directory I have made a simple tool which does this fully automated :)

Skins.be Archiver

I of course made it for myself so there are not many options but if more options are needed just let me know!

Last edited:

wishmaster132

I don't get the point of this program, i downloaded it and all is empty :confused:

It does not download anything or??

So how do i get pics in it, all is empty??

btw: great choice for the background image :D

daniel.bouman64

That's actually true, the Names list as well as the resolutions entries are empty.
When uploading the latest version I forgot the additional txt files with the names and resolutions :hm1:
I have reuploaded the file so all should be fine now :)

The tool indeed does not download wallpapers, it only moves them from for example your download folder to a specified archive folder!

userforusing

Ex-Moderator , Editor
Ah, good point.

I just found the program via a quick google search, didn't investigate further though.
I simply don't need those kind of programs.

daniel.bouman64

I tried several tools to download wallpapers automatically and so far only PicaLoader did the trick but unfortunately the old version I had did not work on Windows 7 so I stopped using it (the new version 1.7.1 does work!). Another drawback was the cache copy of the site which took almost 20GB and the time needed to update the cache.

Last edited:

daniel.bouman64

Although I thought it was more of a downloader :hm1:
I have done some testing and building a downloader won't be that hard after all :) So far I the test app is already able to download the initial page, get all wallpapers from that page (all resolutions or just a couple) and determine the maximum page to where it can crawl. At the moment I am stuck with the download process itself. Or it tries to download all wallpapers from the page at once which obviously will not succeed or it downloads one and wait indefinately because it will not see that the previous one finished downloading.
I do have some ideas of how to fix this so with some luck a first test version is not far away ;)