BF Bad Company 2

Valkyr

I just bought it on steam and was able to try the Beta instantly.

GREAT GAME

Insane atmosphere, big variety of weapons, nothing on the battlefield is overpowered, the graphics are spectacular and the environment is very destructable.

Big maps, too. Doesnt get repetetive, even after 3,5 hrs on the same map.

What about you?

Valkyr

Tell me your ingame name then :>

I tried the apache with a friend yesterday. It was great!

CD

Blu Ray™
So I played the multiplayer (rush) for a while... and... it's great fun if you are in the right team. I usually end up in the looser-team with tons of snipers/campers that don't attack and can't defend the mcoms. Only yesterday me and my squad where the only ones (of a team of 16) who attacked the mcoms, all the others were camping their asses off half the map away from the action. And it's not only the snipers (note: 'snipers', not recons) but sometimes the whole attacking team just seems to forget everything and camp right in the middle of nowhere. It's quite frustrating, but finding servers with free slots is quite difficult so I usually have to stick to the one I'm already in.
I can't really understand how people can be so counter-productive when it comes to teamplay. On multiple occasions (too many) I had situations where the assaults wouldn't drop any ammo, the medics wouldn't revive/drop medpacks, nobody spotted targets, nobody threw motion mines, no teamplay whatsoever. Playing with such a team against a well organized opfor has to be the most frustrating thing right now.
On the other hand, when both teams are well-balanced (meaning only a couple of recons sniping to protect the mcoms) and consist of team-players then bad company is the most fun I had in quite a while (with a video game). However, recently the lack of teamplay annoys me more and more, and one player can only do so much...

Valkyr

Thats why I prefer Conquest atm, its easier to lone-wolf on that game mode. Esp. as an engineer, with the USAS-12, AT4, Light-weight equipment and increased shotgun capacity. Very effective :]

Indeed, the majority of people are selfish and stupid, but you cant change that. Try to find a server with a decent community and stick to it. I can recommend the "meatfactory" server, based in germany. Always with admins online, it provides more consistency than 90% of the other servers.

Or you can actively do something against the sniper to laugh your ass off. Put the smoke launcher on your assault rifle and smoke them :D. Or use the tracer dart to turn the into christmas trees. Or play on servers with Friendly Fire on (ha).

I still enjoy it, mostly because I dont really rely or need teammates, I love to sneak around with my silenced SMG and the rocket launcher.

3DKing

This game is relly fun. As recon I always try to spot every single enemy before trying to kill them. And never carry C4, because the mortar is much more effective, if you rely on spotting and recon. Motion sensors always on tight spots..
And I prefer Hardcore Mode. Recon with sniper makes sens for spotting and KILLING with one hit and gathering intel has more value for the whole team. And as medic its great to MG Spam a helo to kill the gunners :)
Being engineer on a squad-used bradley is great, too. ahh.. everything is fun :D
btw. I love the sound.

Valkyr

You cant spot on hardcore. Oo

Thats why I think HC turns BC2 into MW2, a single-person-shooter. Spotting and doing things together are now way harder. Esp. the medic is almost useless, since you dont have a minimap for the guys you have to revive.

3DKing

I was on several(could have been the same server all the time >.<) HC servers, which marked spotted enemys on the minimap, which you can see by pressing TAB. Or is this kind of modded?

Valkyr

No its not, but the minimap has just a small range. Everything beyond 100m is not visible, and I think the orange triangles in the game itself are more important. Constantly tabbing to see the minimap and the enemies is too inconvenient.

Valkyr

its not. :) fires too slow and deals just as much damage as the xm8.

xm8 and m16 are the best assault rifles.

JoeClifton

In Bad Company you play as Preston Marlowe throughout the campaign (except for the first mission which is a prelude of sorts taking place during WWII). Marlowe is a member of 'Bad Company' alongside Sweetwater, Haggard, and Sarge. Each character has an eccentric personality of their own that develops throughout the campaign and by the end you'll feel that you really know the characters. In a way the campaign has two stories, the small scale story of Bad Company (and their interactions with each other) and the larger scale story that Bad Company plays a role in.