Dead Links/Pictures

Frinky

Is there anything going to be done about the huge amount of dead links/pictures from the Skins.be host? Also there are a lot of dead links in the videos thread, can the mods delete those links if I report them or are they just being kept up?

CreepingDeath

It sucks seeing so many dead links/pics but I think it's the responsibility of the posters to remove/replace them. Unfortunately some people, including myself, take too long to do it or don't do it at all. I don't like doing things more than once so when I see dead pics in one of my posts I usually won't reupload them until I stumble upon the post a few more times; and by that time several months have passed since I first saw them.

If Boris got tired of receiving "Please delete my account" messages, I think the other mods would also get tired of people reporting dead links. The next best thing would probably be to send a message to the poster but that doesn't guarantee the links will be removed/updated.

reyadune

Believe me if we could do anything about it we would, we have nothing to do with the technical part of this forum :(

We cannot repair email- or picture-servers!!
Then it's the admin, the people running the site that don't care.

It sucks seeing so many dead links/pics but I think it's the responsibility of the posters to remove/replace them. Unfortunately some people, including myself, take too long to do it or don't do it at all. I don't like doing things more than once so when I see dead pics in one of my posts I usually won't reupload them until I stumble upon the post a few more times; and by that time several months have passed since I first saw them.

If Boris got tired of receiving "Please delete my account" messages, I think the other mods would also get tired of people reporting dead links. The next best thing would probably be to send a message to the poster but that doesn't guarantee the links will be removed/updated.
While it is the responsibility of the poster to use a reliable image server, when a site like skins.be provides its own image servers, I don't think that it's unreasonable to expect those servers to be somewhat reliable.

Valkyr

That's weird. So the site is basically running on it's own atm, until something serious breaks, and then no one has access?

Frinky

How do new wallpapers get updated then without an admin? Or is there privileges to accounts that can upload them and that's it?