BT08 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncish7

Seeing alot of people say the final is predictable and such... I somewhat agree, perhaps the tourny could be altered in some way for next year? Just speculating.

Why shouldn't Elisha win? She's one of the most popular girls,
Exactly, 'one of ', so it would be nice to see someone else win. But I know you are not a fan of Alba :p1
Seeing alot of people say the final is predictable and such... I somewhat agree, perhaps the tourny could be altered in some way for next year? Just speculating.
Yes, handicap starts :p1

Nah, it would be silly to alter it some way so that the result is not 'predictable'. We could end up with Paris winning the title if she was somehow miraculously entered into the tournament by someone and had a 100 vote head start, we wouldn't want that would we? :shock3:

The people have voted so they'll have to live with the result. I mean, anyone who is complaining about it, if you voted for example Jessica and Elisha throughout the tournament then you can't really complain can you? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

It's an English idiomatic proverb, or figure of speech. It's not meant to be interpreted the way you have.

CD

Blu Ray™
I know... ;) Just wanted to demonstrate that a) it's a bit silly and b) I don't really know exactly what it means in this context. I guess something like we should all shut up and stop complaining since it were our votes that made the final the way it is now? ;)

v1sionary

...I guess something like we should all shut up and stop complaining since it were our votes that made the final the way it is now? ;)
Lol I think that about sums it up :grin: It is predictable, but it's a democratic process and thus (theoretically) a fair result. Handicaps is an idea, but it complicates things, and once the beginning stages aren't completely random, and on an even playing field, the tournaments just open to even more complaints and speculation of "rigging".

Plus, unless the skins.be active membership drastically changes from year to year, it's inevitable you'll get some repetition, since it's the membership who decides the candidates, as well as the winner.

taekwondoman

Maybe it is predictable that Jessica and Elisha would get to the final but then there is a good reason for them to be there and that is because they are 2 of the sexiest babes in the tournament so it is unsurprising that they will get a long way in a beauty contest. It's like people saying it is predictable that Federer or nadal will get to the final of a grand slam, it is predictable but they are there for a reason. Are people suggesting that less attractive girls should be in the final to make it less predictable.

wilmoncourt

Maybe it is predictable that Jessica and Elisha would get to the final but then there is a good reason for them to be there and that is because they are 2 of the sexiest babes in the tournament so it is unsurprising that they will get a long way in a beauty contest
The way the draw pans out also made it a bit eaiser for them to make the final. In "Group A" in the 2nd group stage, it could be argued that Elisha Cuthbert was always going to make the final.

"Group B" in the 2nd group stage was a far tougher group, and had Elisha been in that instead of Jessica, Mega or Kate, then she may not have walked into the final.

I'm sure everybody will agree that "Group A" was almost settled before voting started, where as "Group B" could have been won by any of the 3 contestants

Boris

I'd say if Hilary Duff and Scarlett Johansson would've been in group A instead of Hayden and Natalie, Elisha would've had much tougher to reach the Grande Finale.

taekwondoman

I'd say if Hilary Duff and Scarlett Johansson would've been in group A instead of Hayden and Natalie, Elisha would've had much tougher to reach the Grande Finale.
Possibly. We'll never know this year but there is the argument that because they got beaten by Elisha's opponents in the 2nd Group stage that Scarlett and Hilary would have made the group even easier for Elisha

ncish7

Just a thought...

Perhaps next year, you like at the past year, and name about 50 girls, that have had thier time to shine in that year. You then hold the draft of 42, that way, at the end theres 8 left over that weren't drafted, and nobody could complain about anyone in the tourny "not having done anything lately"... and yes, I do realize I am one of these complainers.

Let me know what you guys think of that.

Amaru

Every tournament system has pros and cons. When you have a group stage, you'll always have easy and tough groups. When you have a knock-out stage, you'll always have easy and tough draws. Sure, there's always room for improvement, but don't overdo it.

Oh.. and handicaps are a terrible idea.

edit: I had a blast this tournament. I hadn't been this active since I came back. Made me realize this forum is quite alright. Cheers.

ATR_127

i'd just like to say well done to the organisers of this, it must have taken hours and hours out of your lives. was great fun to watch it unfold, and it finally dragged me out and made me start posting after 2 years + of lurking :)

so THANKYOU :)

AdrianaAlessandra

Just a thought...

Perhaps next year, you like at the past year, and name about 50 girls, that have had thier time to shine in that year. You then hold the draft of 42, that way, at the end theres 8 left over that weren't drafted, and nobody could complain about anyone in the tourny "not having done anything lately"... and yes, I do realize I am one of these complainers.

Let me know what you guys think of that.
I think that sounds like a pretty good idea, it just depends who's selecting the babes. If we were going to do that then all the mods should consult each other for the 50 chosen girls.

ncish7

^Exactly, something would have to be discussed to come up with the babes that have had a hot year. I dont mean to toot my own horn but I really like my idea lol.

Perhaps even select the members who are able to draft, and schedule a good time for the draft. Sometimes people are going to get screwed on who they want to have because of work, or school. It's pretty lame if you cant get your girl because your doing something else thats important.

Status
Not open for further replies.