BT2010 Feedback & Suggestions for BT2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

triplepaper

Firstly, I would definitely think that this new format is fairer. You don't get popular girls in the last four again, which is somehow disappointing to see the somehow same results over and over again. However, it lacks the excitement of 1-1 matches of the older system.

I suggest an additional point system that not only takes into account the current voting system. For instance, the number of visits in each thread for the top 50 girls for the period of one year are taken into account. Also, we can add points for number of meaningful posts in each girl's thread for the period of one year. For instance, an event the girl attends, which about 10 or more pictures are posted, a point for a meaningful post. That way, we can filter out other "less meaningful" posts.

One advantage of the system I propose is it adds a different perspective in terms of 'popularity'. But of course, it still might lack the excitement of the 1-1 matches. Ironic, coming from a person that don't contribute much to this forum.

blackadder44

That's not quite fair either, though. Some girls will be at an event every ten minutes, and have 300 pics from each one. But others like, for instance, Ellen Page, don't do many shoots. That doesn't mean she isn't as popular. It just means she doesn't have as many pics to post...

Of course, I don't have a perfect solution either :shrug:

triplepaper

That's not quite fair either, though. Some girls will be at an event every ten minutes, and have 300 pics from each one. But others like, for instance, Ellen Page, don't do many shoots. That doesn't mean she isn't as popular. It just means she doesn't have as many pics to post...

Of course, I don't have a perfect solution either :shrug:
A good point. But what I am trying to say is, an event still contributes one point, despite how many pictures are being taken. Also, if some girls have lots of events and shoots, the percentage of contribution towards the final points could be tweaked to enable a fair balance. Of course, the definition of point contribution here could be vague and it also means a lot of work. Those are the obvious downsides.

mrdogooders

just a little suggestion guys, even though i dont participate here often

1. just hoping there are separatation between popular and not popular girls a while before clashing them
this way, the unpopular ones will have proper introduction by their sponsor for votes and likeness
maybe the clashing between popular and not popular is just for the finals or semifinals, before it, separate them

2. also hope that there are more non white european/latin girls, maybe we could give some reserved space for east asian, indian, black, or arab girl
imho, at least about 25 percent of the contestant needed to be reserved for them
this way the battle will be much colorful and not just battles between the same celebs over and over

3. the system, i guess a 1 on 1 could be done or maybe about 1 on 3 or 3 of 5 or 2 of 4 or else is fine, the one thing we should consider first is the timeframe of tournament and the number of contestant
after that, the knock out could be arranged freely to archive the most suitable ones

i think the whole sponsor thing should not be left because it will limits the ad pic post and also give some poster more pride when their sponsor wins the tournament

blackadder44

@mrdogooders

I'm not a fan of your second point. This isn't supposed to be a scientific study of hotness, this is a measure of the favorite celebs of skins.be posters. If minority women aren't winning, then they aren't receiving the votes necessary. I see no reason to artificially insert them.

I sympathize, and there are many non-white celebs that get overlooked for the same mainstream white models, etc. But other than encouraging you to campaign well for such celebs next year, I don't see a justification for it.

wishmaster132

@mrdogooders

Same opinion, if you want to have some of your girls in here next year, try to make them more known to us all. Posting pics could help ;)
Make a choice before makes no sense, even the group stages last year weren't really fair to me. This years BT was much fairer. And the final results showed that there is a wide range of babes in it.

Valkyr

2. also hope that there are more non white european/latin girls, maybe we could give some reserved space for east asian, indian, black, or arab girl
imho, at least about 25 percent of the contestant needed to be reserved for them
this way the battle will be much colorful and not just battles between the same celebs over and over
That is a great idea.

@mrdogooders

I'm not a fan of your second point. This isn't supposed to be a scientific study of hotness, this is a measure of the favorite celebs of skins.be posters. If minority women aren't winning, then they aren't receiving the votes necessary. I see no reason to artificially insert them.

I sympathize, and there are many non-white celebs that get overlooked for the same mainstream white models, etc. But other than encouraging you to campaign well for such celebs next year, I don't see a justification for it.
But this is a true reason not to implement it.

B

BabyLamb of God

It's good to keep the results genuine. We don't want to make them artificial by saying (for example) last year's winner cannot participate, or we have to have 50% actresses, 50% models or some such. So I don't think we plan to introduce a minorities regulation. It's just the way things work I'm afraid, nothing personal. You will find that the vast number of babes on this forum are white and that is not our fault and so should just be accepted. Introducing a 25% minorities rule would only discriminate against white babes, which is just as unfair. If the users on this forum vote that way, then so be it.

geno

Well a couple things that can help is maybe as been suggested merge parts of the old method with the new method.

Better advertising of it and maybe easier to understand rules, that the rules are hard but there could be things that cause a person to go huh and decide not to get involved.

Yes the polls etc made it into more of a popularity contest then who people really think are hottest babe here but on the other hand if it wasn't for this site a lot of these gals would not have been exposed to larger group but by the same token a lot of them aren't every day names or in the news often so folks aren't sure what to think of them besides they are hot so its kind of a double edge because you are trying to avoid the usual popularity contest but needs better promotion for the unknown/lesser known gals to have a chance against the likes of Alba, Cuthbert at et all .

Does the system need tweaking yes but to what degree is the true question

Amaru

It drives me insane that the popularity contest argument is still on the table. BT is meant to be a popularity contest.

Which babe is thought of as the hottest/cutest by the most people. That is what it is. A contest about which babe is the most populair.

I still think a combination of last years and this year is best. Let the few that do take the time to PM judge on which 16 are quilified for the tournament. And let the masses vote on the finals and give everybody excitement.

Or let those 16 play off against eachother in a league to take the luck factor out of it. Whatever floats your boat. But some sort of build up and final phase is needed to gather excitement for sure.

Valkyr

It is true though that many babes will be forgotten if you have to think of 5 out of nothing/your memory when you write your list.

So imho the Campaigns need to be improved / made more popular / made easier accessible or in general more important. Like we "force" everyone to at least look at 2 pictures of each babe in HR. I am not sure how to do that and I know that I cant actually force someone to look at hundreds of pictures from other girls, but imho everyone just remembered their top3 and put two other names in there he read lately, not the real 4th and 5th place in his personal ranking he would have set after seriously looking at all the campaigns posted in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.