Greatest car?

Saunis

I think greatest car is Chevrolet chevy-van... 6,5l v8.
cause I hafe funds to buy and keep it up ;)

And someday i will buy Pontiack GTO 2004.

bad1080

i mean there are lots of other nice cars but if i had to choose ONE the cobra would be it!

whats your favorite amaru?

Amaru

bad1080 said:
i mean there are lots of other nice cars but if i had to choose ONE the cobra would be it!

whats your favorite amaru?
For normal use a Mercedes CLK coupe.. (Dark blue metalic exterior, sand leather interior) The 3.2 litre v6 would be just fine..

And for fun the BMW Z4 roadster.. (Black leather, silver metalic) Offcourse the 3 litre straight six..

Mako

what is with all the hype about japanese cars for street racing? the '67 shelby would smoke those!

Polyesterjones

My dream car would be a 1970 Chevelle SS with the LS6 454 model engine, and a manual 4-on-the-floor tranny.

Horsepower: 450 bhp @ 5600 rpm (factory)
Torque: 500 lb-ft @ 3600 rpm (factory)

Akuma

Simple car that’s gets you to A to B. All you need. With all the speed restrictions, what’s the point in having a fast far, just for status symbol?

Polyesterjones

Akuma said:
Simple car that’s gets you to A to B. All you need
If given the choice between a 3 banger Yugo and a BMW, which would you choose?

Something tells me that you would not pick the Yugo.

Akuma said:
With all the speed restrictions, what’s the point in having a fast [c]ar, just for status symbol?
Face it, you spend a fair amount of time in your vehicle. Why not have something that best suits your tastes and / or needs?

I don't know about where you live, but here in the US, there are places with no speed limits. You want to drive fast legally? There are places where you can do that.

Driving fast is an adrenaline rush. Maybe you've just never had the pleasure of experiencing it.

Amaru

Sincere said:
Koenigsegg :D
That's a great car.. very very fast.. and good-looking.. especially the front.. and the best part of it is.. when you crash yourself into a tree at warp-speed.. you'll probably survive it, cus you're ectually in a volvo! :p

Polyesterjones

Firstly I probably won’t be able to afford BMW.
Maybe you understood me wrong. I said "if you were given the choice between..."

You don’t need a car if you have a perfect ally good mass transit system near you.
This is unrealistic. Suppose you had a rather large family with children. Are you going to take all of your children on a public bus in order to get to school, daycare, etc? Suppose you are a general contractor. Are you going to be able to haul around all of your equipment on the bus?

If you use public transport, you are limited to their times, and their capacities, their rules. In this day and age, with current jobs, relying on public transit is just not sensible in many cases.

The only need for a car is if you live in the middle of no where or you have commute long distances to work. In this case then an expensive car with creature comforts would be expectable and plausible. But you see people traveling to the shop or even taking there kids to school in something absurd as a Land Rover then you think Creature Comforts or just a status symbol ?
Again, back to my general contractor example. Will a general contractor be allowed to carry on hundreds of pounds of materials and equipment on a bus? Of course not. That person would most likely own a truck instead (whether or not you live close to your job site). In this case, you own a truck because you would need to own a truck. If you are going to own a truck, why not own a nice one. But to you, because you wouldn't absolutely need a truck, then you'd consider it unnecessary and an embellishment?

Suppose you need a daily driver because public transit just isn't working out for you (groceries, appliances, other major purchases, kids, the need to go places that are not on the public transit's route, etc). Preferably, you'd want a car that handles well, and is well built. Why not have some HP to back up those qualities of the car? How is that considered morally "wrong?"

If you wanted to own a Land Rover to just drive to the store, then what is wrong with that? If you can afford to buy a Land Rover, then you can do with it whatever you damn well please.

Fact is, public transport as a main means by which to move around is just not realistic anymore. People need to haul equipment, they need to haul children, they need to haul large purchases, and so on and so forth. Public transit does not offer those options.

If people can afford to buy fast cars, then why the hell not? Status symbol?...Only if you allow it to be. Give me a fast vehicle that looked like absolute crap. Would I care? Not one bit, because to me a car is not a status symbol. Others may think so, but what do they matter.

At any rate, I am done with this issue too.