Owner/Operator of Skins.be?

elitesxxx

Every forum page includes an embedded flash object http://cmcmdo.com/content/86/flash2.swf in the footer. That domain has now expired, and the parking server has a rule that catches all swf requests. Presumably they intended to direct traffic to their own advertising, but in this case it ends up redirecting to the forum front page.

Ideally, someone should remove the object from the page footer. In the meantime, users might like to block the above URL using Adblock Plus or equivalent. Or the whole cmcmdo domain using any appropriate extension, or hosts file. NoScript may work if it is set to block Flash as well as JavaScript.
Good job.

mariuzzo

Every forum page includes an embedded flash object http://cmcmdo.com/content/86/flash2.swf in the footer. That domain has now expired, and the parking server has a rule that catches all swf requests. Presumably they intended to direct traffic to their own advertising, but in this case it ends up redirecting to the forum front page.

Ideally, someone should remove the object from the page footer. In the meantime, users might like to block the above URL using Adblock Plus or equivalent. Or the whole cmcmdo domain using any appropriate extension, or hosts file. NoScript may work if it is set to block Flash as well as JavaScript.
it was hard even to get to this page, but it finally worked... anyway, i sent at least 2 messages to the owners via the "contact us" form, but i didn't get any answers

fonts

thanks for the fix with the redirect guys.
it will be a shame if this is the end of the site. if another site spins off from this im keen to help out with anything i can.

ReDim

Sadly it feels like this site is dieing, by I guess it has been that way for quite a while.
I hope things will go the right way and things get fixed, but if it doesn't then I'm sure that another site will pop up to take over.

arunas

Yeah, looks like the forum is coming to an end. I don't know if it's even worth posting pictures anymore. Only a few people are posting pictures and it seems like a lot of babe threads are not updated with new pics.

Abandon ship.

Owner(s) of Skins have never contributed a single picture post or wallpaper, meaning that unlike the rest of us, they have no interest in what Skins is about. Their interest is purely business/economical. This is the only logical explanation, otherwise you have someone wasting their $ on something they have no interest in... Hmmm, no.

Whilst the site is up, the revenue is coming in, they couldn't give a rats.

So, if you care about the site, abandon it and let it die. This is the only way you can save it. Site dies, no $, only chance they will fix it.

arunas

Abandon ship.

Owner(s) of Skins have never contributed a single picture post or wallpaper, meaning that unlike the rest of us, they have no interest in what Skins is about. Their interest is purely business/economical. This is the only logical explanation, otherwise you have someone wasting their $ on something they have no interest in... Hmmm, no.

Whilst the site is up, the revenue is coming in, they couldn't give a rats.

So, if you care about the site, abandon it and let it die. This is the only way you can save it. Site dies, no $, only chance they will fix it.
Seems like a logical thing to do. This is probably the only way we can get owners attention and if we will not... Well so be it. Time to move on.

TheHouseBunny

Jailbaitlover™
It's a shame when owners do this, when this site started to go downhill I started my own site instead so you are all welcome there ;)

Wow, this place has become quite depressing. Sad to see things like this.

Owner(s) of Skins have never contributed a single picture post or wallpaper, meaning that unlike the rest of us, they have no interest in what Skins is about. Their interest is purely business/economical. This is the only logical explanation, (...)
Actually, that's not quite true. Yes, the owners do not contribute pictures. However the reason for that is a different one. There is a legal reason (actually a nice side-effect) why the owners do not contribute. If you post content with a questionable copyright status, you - as a site operator - are liable for it. If you have users post stuff, you aren't liable for it directly. You just to make sure that the content will be removed when you're informed about it.

And by the way, the owners never posted content. Even the Belgian owners stopped posting themselves as soon as the site went well.