Pop-up advertisements.

Would you donate to eliminate the pop-ups, as a member?

• yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no!

• I don't care!

• Total voters

Fraktur

I understand that your website survives off of pop-ups. It is a wonderful website! The best wallpaper site I have ever seen. I would like the ability to donate via Paypal, or another medium, to be able to log in as a member, and have the pop-ups removed completely.

I understand there are other options for blocking pop-up advertisements, although I would rather donate towards my favorite site, and know that the site values me by removing the pop-ups because of my donation.

Please consider this.

<--- Fraktur --->

Glenn

As for as I know 0 (zero) popups are served. It is possible that people do get popups because of a 3rd party advertiser advertising on our website.

If you get a popup, please make a screenshot of that page and email it to info@skins.be and also mention the country you live in.

You can also use the google toolbar at http://toolbar.google.com , it blocks popups pretty good :wink:

We can let premium (paying) users see no adverts at all in the furture, maybe that is a good idea?

Fraktur

I would pay because I know it's not cheap maintaining a site of this nature. I believe nothing is free, so my offer to donate to support my favorite site(s) stands. I have done it on other sites before, and would do it again.

As for the screens of the popups. it is a service that pops up as a minimized webpage each time I navigate to a new page.

"pops.aim4media.com/pop/popserv.php?clientid=3918pooid=6&ip=64.154.26.24"

I experienced this problem when I first saw your sight in Amarillo, Texas, and currently I'm in Iraq, and receiving the same pop-up.

Hope that helps.

I don't care for pop-up blockers like google, MSN, and avantbrowser.. Some of the sites I go to frequently have valid popups for signing in and downloading updated drivers, and if I have a pop-up blocker, I don't receive those options. I would simply turn off the blocker, but I don't know when I'll be prompted on those sites. Hope you understand, and I'd rather have premium member services that take away the troublesome ads.

<--- Fraktur --->

Glenn

This feature can be added in the future, premium members who will see no advertising at all (no banners etc).
What do you believe is a right membershipfee for this?

btw: pls do make a screenshot of OUR page when the popup shows. This way we can see to which banner the popup is connected.

Dropkick_Murphy

except a popup blocker or the google task bar, you can work with an other browser like mozilla firefox (like me) or opera
They both block popup easily and are free (or have a banner).

Krohm

Dropkick_Murphy said:
except a popup blocker or the google task bar, you can work with an other browser like mozilla firefox (like me) or opera
They both block popup easily and are free (or have a banner).
Firefox is definatly the way to go.