Sigs!!

Polyesterjones

Joeri_G said:
I guess the server can't handle that.
Considering the nature of this site, I'd say that the servers would be very capable of handling it. You also have to take into consideration that most of the time, people who have images in their sigs usually host them themselves.

However, each individual's image hosting service may not be as fast as this website's native server, therefore pages would take longer to load, and it would make this site seem as though it is slow and bogged down.

When browsing these boards, you will most likely be loading up numerous images, some of which are quite large. Why further tax yourself with signature images?

And we can't forget how people often abuse their signature rights when they are allowed to have images (overly-large images, inappropriate images, etcetera). I think it is best that we do not have images in our signatures.

Polyesterjones

Metal_GunBlade said:
Now come on Polyesterjones, you can always put conditions, or restrictions for image sigs...
Of course you can, but that doesn't mean people will comply with those restrictions and conditions.

Let's say that each signature image was 100KB, and there are 15 replies per page. That means that you have to load up 1500KB (1.46484375 MB) in addition to the other images that are already within the topic. This is really going to slow down dial-up connections.

Metal_GunBlade

Well Polyesterjones, I guess you're right about dial-up connections...
but in other forums that also use phpbb, sigs work just fine!!!

Now what do you really want to see? A buch of pics of hot women or repetitive sigs from different users that... in time... even with restrictions... gets fucking annoying and clogs up the threads?

Metal_GunBlade

Macaco Do Commando said:
Now what do you really want to see? A buch of pics of hot women or repetitive sigs from different users that... in time... even with restrictions... gets fucking annoying and clogs up the threads?
Hey Macaco Do Commando, I already said that it's ok...
probably a misunderstanding!

I was reffering to all sites in general... using this one as the example.

I don't mind sigs, I'll use a sig if allowed, but if they aren't... meh