Wallpaper split question

Neopath

Hi there...

Ok.. i've been around here for awhile and i'm glad that we now have forum. Great site! keep up the good work!

now, I have one stupid question:

Some of the WPs are "split". What's the point? Is there an easy way to joint them without any photoshop sourcery? Did i miss something?

Cheers!!

Sincere

I was wondering the same thing for quite a long time

maybe if you got 2 moniters on top of eachother?? :p

Neopath

all right.. so i'm not crazy.. good..

now I want those 2 Carmen Electra wp the Uncut edition!!! anyone?? :)

Glenn

It's simple. Our wallpapers have a dimension of 4:3.
If there are huge pics who are + 1600x2400 for example, we sometimes cut them in 2.
We could also only post 1 part of the wallpaper, but now you can see all...

Skins is a wallpaper website, not a picture website. We have to put them online in the right resolutions

Chris

Some eltie computer users use multiple screens on their work/home PC and I suspect that is why there are some split wallpapers being posted.

:wink:

Joeri_G

but mostly they place the monitors next to each other, I've never saw someone with 2 monitors above each other.

Why doesn't skins.be add dualscreen wallpapers? A 3200*1200 WP is very nice :D and there aren't very much sites that have good dualscreen WP's, I'l always have to create them myself if I want some.

Neopath

Glenn said:
Skins is a wallpaper website, not a picture website. We have to put them online in the right resolutions

I understand, but what use do i have for half a wallpaper? you migh as well save yourself the trouble and just post the the top half of it.

i'm not complaining... I'm just questioning the logic behind this...

cheers